About The Surgery @ AylestoneWe serve the people of Aylestone and surrounding areas, with a population of over 4000 patients.
Mission StatementOur mission is to provide a modern caring general practice service with traditional values.
ValuesOur values are to be honest, open, caring, responsive, effective, safe and well led.
Surgery ServicesThis website has been designed to help you make full use of the many services that our practice has to offer. We offer the following services:
- Flu jabs for the over 65’s and those with Chronic Diseases.
- Blood tests.
- Travel advice and immunisation.
- Childhood Immunisations
- Maternity Care
- Chronic Disease Annual Health Checks
- Anti-coagulation Clinics
- Smoking Cessation Clinics
- Contraception Services.
- Free NHS Health Checks for those aged 40-75.
- Free and confidential Chlamydia screening for those aged 16 – 25.
ParkingParking is available at the back of the building. However, strict parking enforcement is in place with parking restricted for use by patients visiting the Surgery only.
Surgery StaffOur staff group include the following:
|Job Title||Staff Member|
|GP Partners||Dr Rohit Sahdev (Male) & Dr Angela Masson (Female)|
|GP(s)||Dr Syed Ghias (Male) & Dr Giannoulis Piagkos (Male)|
|Practice Nurse||Ann Falconer & Samantha Adcock|
|Healthcare Assistant||Billie-Jean Weston|
|Executive Manager||Shaun Chadwick|
|Operational Lead/Medical Secretary||Samantha Cockbill|
|Reception Manager||Courteney Chapman|
|Senior Receptionist/Administrator||Billie-Jean Weston|
|Receptionists/Administrators||Cayleigh Farley, Emma Talbott, Holly Dutton, Nikki Young & Vitoria Monteiro Correa|
|Midwife||Kathy Penny (0116 258 4834)|
|Health Visitor||Yvonne Mungroo (07826530924)|
If you are unsure who your allocated GP is, please don’t hesitate to contact the surgery. You may also change your named GP if you require.
Clinical ResearchThis Surgery is research active.
Conducting high-quality clinical research helps us to keep improving NHS care by finding out which treatments work best.
In this practice, you might be asked to take part in a clinical research study. Alternatively, ask our staff about clinical studies suitable for you.
Taking part in a clinical research study is voluntary and can be a rewarding experience.
To find local clinical research studies, go to: http://www.ukctg.nihr.ac.uk
To find out more about clinical research in the East Midlands visit: http://www.crn.nihr.ac.uk/east-midlands
To read about other patients who have benefited from taking part in clinical research visit: http://www.crn.nihr.ac.uk/can-help/patients-carers-public/patient-stories/
We are affiliated as a research and surveillance centre for the Royal College of General Practitioners.
Training PracticeThe Surgery has recently become a training practice for Foundation Year Two Doctors.
- The Foundation Year Two Doctors are allocated to the surgery for a four month period throughout the year.
- The Doctors are accredited clinicians and as part of their training, they are offered Primary Care experience at local Surgeries.
- No patient consultations are recorded.
- Unless a patient requests a specific clinician they may be offered an appointment with one on the training Doctors. Patients will be informed at the time of booking an appointment.